Writing Prompt: Someone I miss
So I found this old 30 day writing challenge I never got to complete. I left it on day 10 - yay for me- and well, decided to write a couple entries since I have the time and presumably, the inspiration to do so. This particular entry caught my attention firstly because everyone misses someone and secondly, because it made me realise that maybeeee just maybee, I'm still missing this person that I thought I was on my way to forget. I thought that this could help me with the healing process so, here you go, it's short and sweet... well, maybe not so sweet:
11. Someone I miss
This one is painful as it is ridiculously complicated. I mean, what exactly means to miss someone? Is it expecting to see their name on your phone even though you're damn sure that won't happen although you've tried erasing their number -and if it does- then surely you'll go through hell all over again. But hey, aren't you already in some sort of hell? When that person's name, face, *shadow* appears on your mind without your consent at random times during the day, is that “missing” someone or is it just plain old obsession? I can't tell the difference. Never been able to. Because missing someone shouldn't make you feel instantly guilty and miserable and like a fuck up, and then make you want to keep missing them some more. Shouldn't make you feel naïve nor stupid for having said what you said and having done what you did… Missing someone should be more like remembering a scene, a word, a scent, a touch, a sensation. And then reliving it all over again cherishing it just because it happened. Missing someone shouldn't make you want to destroy that person's every single trace off your mind and turn the good memories into bad ones just to make sure they never come back to haunt you, because you need a good reason to keep them out of your life.
Missing you, shouldn't be this painful.
Comments
Post a Comment